WildMIDI 0.4 is released!
It has been two years in development and we’ve pushed WildMIDI 0.4 beyond just MIDI support, we’ve branched out into MIDI like files as well. We’ve worked together with other projects like GStreamer, OpenTESArena, XLEngine (DaggerXL), Thirdeye, ZDoom and more to ask what we can do to make their lives easier, as a result we now support rendering, streaming and playback of many older MIDI-like formats!
What’s new in this release
We’ve added support for KAR (MIDI with Karaoke) files, MIDI Type 2 and many MIDI-like formats such as HMI, HMP, MUS (Id) and XMI! We’ve also expanded our API in libwildmidi to support getting text/karaoke out of files, seeking songs in multi song MIDI Type 2, get errors instead of having a noisy library, setting conversion options, converting MIDI-like files into MIDI files and library now returns a buffer in the Endian format of the host.
WorldEngine 0.19 has been released! In case you’re wondering, WorldEngine is the combination of two projects: Lands and WorldSynth. The biggest gain in the merge is that we’re now two developers on the same wavelength and we’ve added plate tectonic simulations! As things have become more serious and complicated, we’ve had to write tests suites to cover our bases. We’re currently about 86% code coverage and the tests guarantee reproducibility which aids us in finding regressions. We’ve got many contributions, so having these in place are crucial for project stability.
What’s new in WorldEngine 0.19:
- Speed of generation increased by almost a factor of 3 (due to update to Platec and making heavy use of numpy).
- World-generation is now deterministic, i.e. generation is 100% reproducible.
- Added support for exporting heightmaps using libgdal (see http://www.gdal.org/formats_list.html for possible formats).
- Added the ability to modify temperature and humidity ranges as well as the temperature/precipitation curve.
- Added the ability to generate scatter plots showing temperature and humidity of all terrestrial cells.
- Added small variations to the temperature-map based on basic orbital parameters.
- Added a satellite-like view of the world.
- Added support to save/load worlds in/from HDF5-format.