We have a brand new release on our 0.3 branch! The intent here is to be the bridge between the older 0.2 series and our feature rich 0.4 that is currently under development.
Source and binaries can be found on our github release page:
New and Old Developers
After a few months of development, we’ve really brought WildMIDI a long way. We are rejoined by Chris Ison (Wildcode) who had taken a small break away from development. Another developer has also joined us from uHexen2, Ozkan Sezer, who has contributed quite a lot to the project. Welcome guys! If you want to help out, just create a github account, fork us and send pull requests. Other forms of help are also appreciated, tracking down bugs and new platforms for us to support.
After several years of silence, There is now a new version of WildMIDI! Chris “Wildcode” Ison seems to have fallen off the planet around February of 2012 and the bug reports and patches have been accumulating on his SourceForge page. I decided to dump his SVN repository to github and continue hacking where he left off. We are still very much 100% API/ABI compatible and new versions can be considered drop-in replacements. We will continue to be open to developers that wish to improve WildMIDI but keep in mind that our goal is to be small and fast. We also wish Chris the very best and want very much for him to rejoin the project.
There have been a lot of changes since WildMIDI 0.2.3.5, mostly involving our new build system.
There are times where I need a few films on my mobile for my son to watch. For my particular mobile “Galaxy Gio” the constraints for hardware acceleration is 360p as anything bigger will cause it to switch to software which is slower and sometimes a slideshow. For the uninitiated, 360p means either 480×360 at 4:3 ratio (your old TV) or 640×360 at 16:9 ratio (your HD TV).
First we need to cleanup our file names and sometimes ‘rename’ doesn’t work properly. We list all files and separate them by commas and then parse line by line to first remove everything between () and then everything between . We then move from the old name to the new name.
Worldsynth version 0.11.0 is released and can be found on github.
In this release we’ve added an additional algorithm for heightmap generation based on Ken Perlin‘s work in noise generation. We decoupled the sea-level to be configurable based on percentage, which in addition to masks we can now create islands. You can also save your world and open it up later since we use pytables to store our settings, metadata and our data in an open hdf5 format. You can also export your heightmap in 16-bit PNG greyscale or even import from a wide array of images formats as a heightmap. Importing from an image creates a 16-bit precision greyscale heightmap. In addition to this, one commenter ask about Python3 support, well now you have it.
Worldsynth version 0.10.0 is released and can be found on github. This is our first “official” release in which the result should work, out of the box, with a usable and familiar GUI instead of the pygame environment. This is provided by Qt4 via PySide. We have even tested Worldsynth on Windows XP to validate that it is indeed cross platform.
As for 0.11.0, we are looking to unlock size of terrain to be of any variable width and height instead of the basic power of two. We are also investigating fluvial erosion.