Worldsynth: A World Synthesizer
WorldSynth is a program that uses procedural techniques to simulate real world phenomenon and render them as usable maps which synthesize a living and breathing world.
The long-term goal of this project is to provide an opensource tool by which to allow artists, developers, gamers, writers and enthusiasts to create and build worlds based on their preferences. The content you create is your property to do with as you please.
- Heightmap: generation with several algorithms
- Heatmap: based on full hemisphere or half-hemisphere (north or south)
- Wind: wind direction and strength influenced by geography
- Precipitation: based on terrain and wind currents
- Drainage: how fast water can be absorbed by terrain
- Rivers: based on rainfall and terrain
- Biomes: taking into account everything above to give natural zones of nature
Todo and Wiki:
Python >= 2.7
Libs: numpy, pyside, pypng, pytables, noise