Skip to content

Posts tagged ‘tesannwyn’

8
Apr

New releases of WorldEngine, OpenMW and TESAnnwyn

Rivers

WorldEngine 0.19 has been released! In case you’re wondering, WorldEngine is the combination of two projects: Lands and WorldSynth. The biggest gain in the merge is that we’re now two developers on the same wavelength and we’ve added plate tectonic simulations! As things have become more serious and complicated, we’ve had to write tests suites to cover our bases. We’re currently about 86% code coverage and the tests guarantee reproducibility which aids us in finding regressions. We’ve got many contributions, so having these in place are crucial for project stability.

What’s new in WorldEngine 0.19:

  • Speed of generation increased by almost a factor of 3 (due to update to Platec and making heavy use of numpy).
  • World-generation is now deterministic, i.e. generation is 100% reproducible.
  • Added support for exporting heightmaps using libgdal (see http://www.gdal.org/formats_list.html for possible formats).
  • Added the ability to modify temperature and humidity ranges as well as the temperature/precipitation curve.
  • Added the ability to generate scatter plots showing temperature and humidity of all terrestrial cells.
  • Added small variations to the temperature-map based on basic orbital parameters.
  • Added a satellite-like view of the world.
  • Added support to save/load worlds in/from HDF5-format.

Read moreRead more

11
Feb

Introducing worldsynth for your world generation and building needs

Rivers

After many years of development in my spare time, I’ve decided to release Worldsynth as a Free and Open Source Software. As a world generator, it fills the roll and can also be rapidly extended to support additional features. The source might not be of top quality, but the main purpose of creating it has been fulfilled and I want to share it. I only hope that others will find it useful and want to build upon it.

There is still much more functionality that I would like add and additional polishing to the user interface. Midway through I switched from pygame to pyside or Qt4 for the GUI. I consider it ready for “Alpha” at this point, meaning there might be bugs and few experimental features that may break but otherwise usable.

Read moreRead more